The Best Aluminum Wheelchair Ramps In 2021
Are you looking for a great remote control wheelchair bargain? Then check out today’s top deals below. Or to read our guide and tips on buying the best remote control wheelchair, please click here.
In recent years, wheelchair ramps have improved a great deal. Now they are not only much more versatile but there is also a lot to choose from. This means finding the right wheelchair ramp for your needs should not be a big issue. However, there are some things to keep in mind for you to make the best choice. One of these is the material that you need to choose. Amongst all these materials, aluminum is among the best.
If you are looking for the best wheelchair ramp to get into your house or you are looking for something that you can always transport with very little effort then aluminum is the best ramp to choose. Or, if you’re looking for wheelchairs for sale, check out our homepage for the best deals.
Since these wheelchairs are light and easy to maneuver they are some of the best choices. However, since aluminum alone is very soft it needs to be mixed with other metals so as to make them durable. The good thing is that it will retain its lightweight quality but will still remain stable. IF you are shopping for the best aluminum wheelchair ramp, click here to read our in-depth review.
Reasons why you need to choose an aluminum wheelchair ramp.
• They are slip-resistant. Portable aluminum folding wheelchair ramps come with nonslip decking that assists the wheelchairs to keep traction whether it’s snowing or raining. This material is also a type of extruded decking with grooves that runs from one part of the wheelchair ramp to the other. These grooves also act as a tread on the bottom of the gym shoe and help the wheels on a wheelchair to grip the surface of the wheelchair ramp well. Other materials such as wood may become slippery when wet.
• Maintenance-free. Since aluminum does not rust, it’s the most suitable material for outdoor applications. When it oxidizes the layer of the oxide usually acts as another layer of protection against the elements such and ensures that aluminum becomes even stronger. All the other materials will always warp, rust or even rot when they’ve been exposed to the elements such as snow or rain. This means aluminum may be expensive when once bought but later on they require very little maintenance cost.
• Aluminum wheelchair ramps are lightweight and strong. Aluminum has an optional strength to weight ratio and it’s comparable to strength with other metals. The good thing with aluminum wheelchair ramps for sale is that they are much lighter than other materials out there. They are also quite easy to assemble and even relocate if need be.
• They are adjustable. The best aluminum wheelchair ramps are also adjustable as well. They come with adjustable ramp section legs and platform legs. This means that any uneven ground has very little or even no impact on them. Remember that concrete and wood cannot always be adjusted once they’ve been put in place. More so since steel and iron may rust it means that their legs may not be easily adjusted. For more information check out www.nationalwheelchairservices.co.uk
• With aluminum wheelchair ramps you don’t need to have any building permits. Since concrete and wood are considered permanent they require one to have a building permit. The process of getting this permit is not only long but also tedious as well since modular aluminum wheelchairs ramps can always be moved and relocated; they do not require any building permits. This makes them the most suitable materials for projects that require strict deadlines.
• They are quite easy to assemble. Since aluminum folding wheelchair ramps come in modules it means that they can easily to each other hence very much easy to assemble. With other materials, with other materials hooking them or even attaching them to each other can be a bit challenging.
• They usually come with high resale value. Since aluminum wheelchair ramps are durable and weather resistance they usually come with high resale value. This is why they are some of the best wheelchair ramps to use. This is according to National Wheelchair Services.
• There are versatile. Since there are a variety of aluminum wheelchair ramps for houses in the market you can always choose the one that you need. From folding to modular wheelchair ramps, to lightweight it’s quite obvious that you’ll get for your needs. So if you are searching for one you should not worry.
Types of aluminum wheelchair ramps
Aluminum folding wheelchair ramp
These types of wheelchair ramps are not only lightweight but also easy to set up. Since many of them come with handy travel bags, they are the best travel companion in the car or when you are on the move. Since their recommended gradient is 1:4 when shopping for the best aluminum folding wheelchair ramps, you should consider the required height so you can determine and know which length is right for you. If you are searching for a more stylish and permanent solution then you may consider the ramp that has been constructed by professionals.
Aluminum handicap wheelchair ramps
These temporary aluminum wheelchair ramps are not only some of the best ramps out there but also very easy to install. These wheelchair ramps are an affordable and versatile solution for platforms stairs and gates. The good thing about them is that they provide the handicapped with access when the needs exceed the use of portable wheelchair ramps. As compared to the ordinary wheelchair ramps they are far much superior. More so, they are virtually maintenance-free hence you won’t worry about maintaining them as wheelchair users.
Portable aluminum wheelchair ramps
As compared to other wheelchair ramps portable aluminum wheelchair ramps usually come in a variety of styles and designs. The good thing with these accessibility ramps is that they fit different uses and needs. This means you can use them with an assortment of different aides and vehicles including scooters, wheelchairs, dollies, walkers, strollers, carts, wagons and almost everything that’s on wheels. These wheelchair ramps are also meant to be portable and depended able thus making them some of the best ramps in the market. Although they are sturdy, strong and durable, their lightweight construction makes them easy to carry and move from one to another. They are also very easy to use and features built-in hands to make them easy to transport from one place to another. Since they do not need any installation you just need to open and install them.
Solid aluminum wheelchair ramps
These curb aluminum wheelchair ramps are not only solid but are also constructed from welded aluminum to ensure that they remain strong and sturdy while in use. They also come with a permanent textured non-skid surface that’s important and very hard to wear and tear off thus making them some of the best in the market. As compared to other wheelchair ramps they can comfortably accommodate up to 850 pounds. According to National Wheelchair Services, they can also accommodate wide wheelchairs with a lot of ease.
Aluminum thrashed wheelchair ramps
Aluminum threshold wheelchairs ramps are always a great option if you are shopping for a wheelchair ramp that’s both durable and lightweight as well. The good thing with this ramps you can always expect it to last many years while offering you a sturdy transition over any type of transition. A common feature with these wheelchair ramps is that their grooved design will provide you with the traction whether it’s wet or dry. Another good thing with them is that they won’t rust hence much suitable for outdoor use.
They, therefore, provide a sturdy and strong transition to scooters, wheelchairs, foot traffic and even walkers. The good thing with them is that their maximum capacity can go even up to 1000 lbs. More so, since they usually come in different styles they are suitable for rises that can be even up to 6 inches a high. If you are looking for the perfect height they are also fitted with adjusted legs that can allow you to have this. However, if you are looking for increased traction then ensure that you look for an anti grip tape that you can always find in some ramps.
Single fold aluminum wheelchair ramps
If you want to go mobile the single fold aluminum wheelchair ramps are some of the best options. Just like other portable wheelchair ramps these ramps are quite suitable for those who are frequently traveling. While these ramps boast of similar lightweight designs, these wheelchair ramps are different from their multiple fold counterparts in that they are some of the best ones out you also need to know that you are going the one that you choose is suitable for your wheelchair.
Multifold aluminum wheelchair ramps
These aluminum wheelchair ramps are not only portable but also suitable to be used while you are on the go. Whether you want to get in or out of the vehicle these wheelchair ramps can help you to effectively and quickly make that move. Although they can reach even up to 20 inches high they can always be folded for easy storage. This means you don’t have to worry about keeping big and bulky ramps. Suitable for those who don’t have big spaces these wheelchair ramps these ramps can easily be kept away so you can enjoy the ultimate convenience?
Wheel-A- bout rolling aluminum wheelchair ramps
Are you looking for the most storable wheelchair ramp? Are you looking for something that you can always roll out and stuck out of sight? If this is the case then this is perhaps the best wheelchair ramp to choose. With these aluminum wheelchair ramps, you’ll never have to worry about carrying bulky or unnecessary wheelchair ramps again. The good thing with these aluminum wheelchair ramps is that you can always roll them to the location that you want with a lot of ease. Their durable and safe design also means that they can comfortably support up to six hundred pounds of weight.
How to clean and maintain aluminum wheelchair ramps
How to clean untreated aluminum wheelchair ramps
Although aluminum is light it’s made of strong material hence very much suitable for both outdoor and commercial applications. Since it has a natural layer of oxide it does not easily rust. As compared to oxidation that takes place on other metals, then that occurs on aluminum does not jeopardize its structure and stability. On the contrary, it actually makes the material strong and stable. However, by properly cleaning the ramp you’ll significantly reduce any chances of severe oxidation.
1. First, you need to ensure that all the debris including dust, mud, and leaves are all cleared off the ramp. To comfortably do this you need to start at the top of the ramp with a stiff-bristled push button. And make sure you sweep all the debris from the ramp. The guards that are fitted along both the edges of the ramp will also prevent the debris from being pushed on the sides of the ramp.
2. Step 2. After cleaning the wheelchair ramp you should rinse it well using mild detergent and water. However, you need to use a good amount and concentrated amount on the touch spots to ensure that all of them come out clean. Next, you need to pressure wash or hose off the ramp so you can remove the dirt and soap. If possible make sure you use filtered water since unfiltered water may contain chlorine sulfur and other minerals that could end up damaging the ramp over time.
3. Step 3. If there is still some dirt on the ramp then you need to use a dish wash and towel to scrub the area well. However, while doing this do not use a scour pad or towel. Since these materials can easily scratch the aluminum material and give it a very dull appearance. However, you should avoid using harsh cleaners such as alkali based cleaners or baking soda to do this. As this can easily lead to discoloration. If you want to try out a new cleaner, then you need to test the area on the underside of the ramp so you can check whether it can discolor the material.
4. Step 4. If the aluminum wheelchair ramp is already oxidized then you need to try spot treating the affected areas with the best aluminum cleaner.
How to clean powder-coated aluminum wheelchair ramps
If your aluminum wheelchair a ramp is powered coated there is very little chance of oxidation since the powder coating will provide it with an additional layer of protection. However, it’s still possible for the layer to be affected and form some oxidation spots. Although most of the cleaning processes are the same, the powder coating makes these ramps more delicate than the others.
1. Step 1. Brush off the ramp with a stiff-bristled brush while moving up and down. However, avoid using a broom as it might scratch the material.
2. Step 2. The most effective and efficient way of cleaning a powder coating finish is by using a pressure washer. Also, make sure that you use a mild detergent such as dish soap and avoid using harsh cleaning solutions or even chlorine as this might end up affecting aluminum. Harsh cleaning products and high-pressure water may also end up damaging the powder-coated finish of the material. Although the commercial cleaning solutions may end up cleaning the surface they may also remove the microlayers of finish.
3. Step 3. Make sure you use a soft brush to clean the surface of that material.
4. Step 4.To ensure that your powder-coated aluminum wheelchair ramp looks nice to make sure you use a nonabrasive wax that has a U.V blocker.
Check out today’s top 10 aluminum wheelchair ramps deals below…
How to choose the best aluminum wheelchair ramps
There are several factors that you need to keep in mind when looking for the best aluminum wheelchair ramps for your needs. Here are some of the main factors to consider.
• Know what you are looking for. One of the most important factors to consider knows what you are looking for. You have to consider whether you are looking for a suitcase ramp or entry as this will ensure that you choose the best one for your needs.
• Weight capacity. Since you are looking for a ramp that can support you it’s important to know what you are looking for. You, therefore, need to consider your weight and anything else that you may want to carry with you while using the ramp. Once you keep the weight capacity in mind you’ll definitely end up with the best ramp?
• Know the type and style. Since aluminum wheelchair ramps come in different types and styles it’s very important to choose the type that you want. From threshold to folding, lightweight to folding there are a variety of ramps that you can always choose.
Overall the main function of aluminum wheelchair ramp is to ensure that you are safe while using a wheelchair. Thankfully, with the styles, types, and shapes in the market, you should not have a problem choosing the best one for your needs. If you are shopping for one always make sure that you keep any that you may consider so that you can consider it later. This will ensure that you end up with the best one.