The Best Folding Wheelchair In 2021
Are you looking for a great folding wheelchair bargain? Then check out today’s top deals below. Or to read our guide and tips on buying the best folding wheelchairs, please click here.
Many wheelchair users normally prefer improved freedom and mobility that comes with folding wheelchairs. However, there are several other reasons why you need to choose folding wheelchairs instead of other wheelchairs. Whether you are an active traveler or you want to save energy by moving with a smaller wheelchair the right aluminum folding wheelchair should be the best option. Although choosing the right best folding electric wheelchair depends on a number of factors, the most important things to consider are the comfort and quality of your life.
Wheelchairs especially fold up wheelchairs for sale plays a very important role in not just boosting your independence but also increasing the options that you have in regard to independence, flexibility and the options that you have. The good thing about folding wheelchairs is that they provide all the benefits that other wheelchairs have and also enabling you to move further and still enjoy all the other activities that you need to enjoy such as visiting friends, shopping, and going about your activities. If you are searching for the best folding wheelchairs, click here to read our in-depth review of the best ones.
Benefits of folding wheelchairs
• They are very much practical. Since these wheelchairs are very much practical, they normally provide the users and other attendants several other advantages that they can enjoy. Since they are lightweight it means that they can be folded so as to save space whenever they are kept or are being transported from one place to another. For more information on this click www.nationalwheelchairservices.co.uk.
• Storage. As compared to other wheelchairs, the compact folding wheelchair can always be folded and stored comfortably inside the boots of cars or even inside your home. This means that as compared to conventional wheelchairs they normally take lesser space. With these wheelchairs, you don’t have to purchase a separate storage area or even keep them inside the shade. This is according to best folding wheelchairs reviews.
• Usage. Unlike other wheelchairs, these wheelchairs are easy to take apart and use. Since they are lightweight they are always easy to put and remove from the vehicle. Due to their sizes when folded there are several options of them in the market. These wheelchairs can also be transported inside un adopted vehicles much more easily and kept inside hotels where they take less space.
• Car adaptations. With these wheelchairs, you don’t need any costly vehicle adaptations such as hoists or even ramps. As they can easily be carried in and out of the vehicle with a lot of ease.
Types of folding wheelchairs
Over the years folding wheelchairs for cars have been developed a lot. These wheelchairs are not only compact and easy to use but are also making it easy for you to get around without any hassle. Here are some of the main types of folding wheelchairs that you should know about.
Compact folding electric wheelchairs
If you are looking for deluxe folding wheelchairs or drive folding that can help you get around without any issues then these wheelchairs are the best. Unlike other wheelchairs, these ones can easily be lifted in and out of the boot of the car. Weighing around 20 kilograms, these wheelchairs are relatively lightweight. Since they can be lifted in and out of the car without any issue you can always make the most of them without any problems at all. Another good thing about these folding electric wheelchairs is that they can be folded down to an incredibly. Since it has a minimalistic design you don’t have to worry about excess padding and cushioning that will make the chair bulkier to store. More so, when folded this wheelchair is practically flat.
Lightweight foldable electric wheelchairs
If you are looking for a sturdier wheelchair that has more cushioning then folding an electric wheelchair is the best option. Just like other wheelchairs, this one can also be folded down to a very small package that can comfortably fit inside the boot of the car. Since this chair is lightweight it’s probably the most common folding wheelchair.
Folding versus manual wheelchair frames
Wheelchairs, both smartie folding the electric wheelchair and rigid normally vary in construction, design and how they work. To help you also these wheelchairs come with their own advantages and disadvantages hence you need to know the benefits that you are looking for before choosing one. Here are some of the key features that make the differences between these wheelchairs
• Material. This is the material used to fabric the wheelchair frame.
• Shape. This is the design or the shape of the frame chosen.
• Components. These refer to the things included and come with a wheelchair. These components can either be removable or nonremovable.
• Adjustments. These refer to the features that must be there inside a wheelchair to ensure that they are a good fit for comfort and posture and even efficient for the propulsion and maneuverability of the wheelchair.
Differences in terms of frame
Weight, durability, and strength of the wheelchair normally vary depending on the material. The durability of the wheelchair can always be achieved when the materials that have been used in the design is has a higher strength to weight ratio. More so, as compared to a rigid wheelchair a folding wheelchair s more flexibly hence can always comfortably move over rough terrain thus reducing the chances of an accident occurring. A portable folding wheelchair is also available in both heavy-duty and lightweight options. If you are looking for your first wheelchair it’s always important to try out both rigid and folding ones to see the one that works well for you.
How to use a folding wheelchair in your car
Like all the other people, wheelchair user’s mobilities should not be restricted just because they cannot comfortably walk from one place to another. In fact, instead of having a culture that assumes that some people are disabled, we should ensure that the environment is conducive for these people to live in well and ensure that they can comfortably travel with the ease that they need. When considering the environment access and the wheelchair which should be used things such as the ramping, building design and disability discrimination act should be put into consideration.
According to National Wheelchair Services, a folding wheelchair is the type of wheelchair that can comfortably be folded so that it takes up less space or less storage room. This type of wheelchair can either be folded vertically or even horizontally depending on its make. In some instances, some of them even allow a larger wheelchair to be removed from the chairs.
Ways to ensure that there is a safer transfer of the folding wheelchair into the car
The ramp is one of the most important things that will help the wheelchair user to propel the wheelchair inside the car via the ramp then walk around the car.
Hoist or lift
Just like the ramp, the hoist or the lift will provide the wheelchair user with an easy way to lift the wheelchair in and out of the car.
The wheelchair can always be stored on the roof, back seat or boot allows the folding wheelchair user to transfer to their seat and independently store the wheelchair.
Wheelchair accessible vehicle
These are the types of vehicles used mostly by the users who have more complex transfer needs
Is a foldable wheelchair better than a rigid one?
As compared to rigid wheelchairs folding wheelchairs have several advantages. This is because they allow you to fold the wheelchairs into portable and compact sizes. However, choosing the right one generally depends on what you are looking for. Light folding wheelchairs are tailored for people that are always looking for the compact ability
Rigid wheelchairs are totally different types of wheelchairs. This is because they are nonfoldable wheelchairs and are mostly made for athletes and active users. More so since these wheelchairs are wielded it means that they are static hence nonfoldable. More so unlike rigid wheelchairs folding wheelchairs have movable joints and moving parts. This means that they may not be as durable as rigid wheelchairs.
How to maintain folding wheelchairs
The maintenance of a folding wheelchair generally depends on the model and the kind of use that it will be subjected to. However, you need to understand that certain parts of the wheelchair are subject to greater tear and wear. So these parts show how folding wheelchairs must always be in the best condition to ensure that the wheelchair functions well. As a general rule, you need to ensure that you check the pressure of the wheelchair tire every month. You also need to check the condition of the brakes, all the moving parts and the quick release system of the wheelchair.
Also, it’s advisable to have a look at the anti-tip system, and also ensure that you clean the wheelchair frame as often as possible. Correctly maintaining your folding wheelchair should also involve a check by the wheelchair manufacturer or dealer to ensure that it’s in good working condition at all times. Should you discover that your folding wheelchair has some issues these people will also help you with any maintenance issues that you may find around.
Some of the most important things that you need to check
In the user manual and maintenance instructions of your folding wheelchair, you’ll find that the most important areas covered include
Wheelchairs wheels are perhaps some of the most important parts of a wheelchair. As part of the maintenance procedure, they should always be checked as often as possible to ensure that they are in good working condition. One of the most common problems that you are likely to find with the wheels is that they are not moving the way they are supposed or they are slightly wobbling to the right or to the left. To avoid this movement you need to ensure that the angle and play of the wheels have been adjusted well enough so that both the front and rear wheels are moving well.
To avoid accidents and to ensure that you ride your wheelchair safely you need to check the brakes of your folding wheelchairs and ensure that they are good working conditions. Although as a user you are the best suited to pick any issues that might be there on the brakes if you are not sure about it then you need to call in a professional to help you. The functioning of the brakes can always easily be impaired by incorrectly adjusting the parts or just by poor placement. You, therefore, need to focus on these points to ensure that your brakes are in good working condition.
Inner tubes and tires
It’s very important for the maintenance and mobility of the wheelchair that the inner tubes and the tire are working well. The tires should also be having correct pressure to ensure that you are always getting the best possible performance while using the wheelchair. Remember, if the wheelchair pressure is too low you’ll need a lot of force to move the wheelchair from one point to another. Also, if the pressure is too high the wheelchair tires are likely to burst. As a general rule, the recommended tire pressure is always printed on the tire by the manufacturers of the wheelchair. Since wheelchair tires are similar to the ones used on the bicycles, fitting them on the wheelchairs should always follow the same process. But before fitting in the inner wheel you need to ensure that the inner tire and inner rim are clean. It’s also very important to check the pressure of the tires once you’ve fitted them in the wheelchair.
Some more tips to help you maintain your folding wheelchair
• Always use a mild detergent to clean the frame of the wheelchair. The cushion and the backrest of the wheelchair should only be cleaned using water and soap. If you are not sure how to go about this then make sure you follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
• Every month you need to ensure that you check the general condition and the pressure of your wheelchair tires.
• Check the brakes. Since brakes are very important you need to ensure that they are always in good working condition. You also need to ensure that all the important joints and parts of the wheelchair have been locked well with special bolts.
• Use only original parts. In case anything happens to your wheelchair you need to ensure that you only use replace them using original parts or the parts that have been recommended by the manufacturers of the wheelchair.
• Do not store the wheelchair with a wet seat. If the seat of your folding wheelchair is wet ensure that you wipe it dry before you store it. Since both salt and sand can significantly damage the wheelchair you need to clean it well before you store in case it comes into contact with these.
• Apply some oil on the axles of the wheelchair. You also need to apply small amounts of oil on the axles of the wheelchair to always give you an easy time if you want to disassemble it. Although you need to do this after ever two months. All the moving parts of the folding wheelchair should also be lubricated well in case you realize that the chair becomes a bit hard to move.
• Store the wheelchair well. If you are planning to store your folding wheelchair for a long time then you need to ensure that you leave it in a dry place where it’s protected from the sin and its kept at room temperature. Before using the wheelchair again you need to ensure that you carry on a complete check to make sure that it’s a good working condition.
Check out today’s top 10 folding wheelchair deals below…
Top consideration to keep in mind when looking for the best folding wheelchair
Since there are several folding wheelchairs in the market it’s always very important to know what you are looking for. Here some of the main tips to help you choose one.
• You need to know your options. When it comes to folding wheelchairs there are several options that you can always choose. You, therefore, need to know your options so you can choose the best one.
• Consult the dealer. If you are not sure how to go about this you need to look for a dealer with experience since mobility experts are always here because of you, you should not be afraid to ask questions especially if you realize that some things are not clear. This is very important when looking for the best wheelchairs for sale.
• Choose an accredited dealer. According to National Wheelchair Services, you need to choose an accredited dealer when shopping for the best folding wheelchair for your needs. Thee dealers not only have warranties but will always be ready to help you in case you have a problem with your wheelchair.
• Choose quality products. Just like other products out there, you need to choose a quality product. Make sure that you know the value of quality. The worst thing you can do is purchase a new folding wheelchair every other time. When considering dealer to purchase your wheelchair from making sure you look for one with a track record. The best thing to do your homework well and research online before you can choose one.
• Get references. Do not be afraid of asking for references when shopping for the best folding wheelchair. You need to ask them whether they were satisfied with the wheelchairs or not. If they were not you should not consider buying any them.
If you shopping for the best folding wheelchairs you should not forget to keep any that you find inside a shopping basket so you can review later. Since there are several wheelchairs in the market this will help you end up with the best one.