The Best Remote Control Wheelchair In 2020
Are you looking for a great remote control wheelchair bargain? Then check out today’s top deals below. Or to read our guide and tips on buying the best remote control wheelchair, please click here.
If you are not disabled you might take a lack of mobility for granted. But did you know that if you don’t have the ability to move around you’ll have to depend on people to help you with this? However, you need to know that there are several wheelchairs there are in the market including electric, manual and electric remote control wheelchairs. Whether it’s a sickness of impairment there are several things that can interfere with an individual’s mobility. But thankfully automatic or remote control wheelchair refers to the types of wheelchairs that use electric or battery power to power them.
Wheelchairs are perhaps some of the best mobility devices that the physically disabled people should use for their movements. While there are several types of wheelchairs in the market, a remote control wheelchair is the leading wheelchair. With these wheelchairs, physically disabled people can comfortably move around without using too much strength. They are not only comfortable but also provide one with a very cool ride. Situated on the armrest of the wheelchairs remote control is basically what’s used to control the wheelchair. These types of wheelchairs are strong enough such that they can comfortably handle all manner of terrains. If you are shopping for the best remote control wheelchair, click here to read our in-depth review of the best one.
Why every wheelchair user should get remote control wheelchair
Well, some people come to point in their lives when they realize that they may not be able to walk the way they are supposed to. This might be due to old injuries, age issues, sicknesses, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, and many other issues as well. Although the realization that you require some help yo walk might be hard the god thing is that there are several wheelchairs out there that can help you. One of these wheelchairs is known as a remote control wheelchair. Here are some of the reasons why those who have issues with walking should get the best remote wheelchair.
• Independence. If there is one thing that people want in life then it’s being independent. If you cannot walk around on your own then it means you have to constantly depend on someone to help you. Lacking the strength to walk is perhaps one of the reasons why many people live sedentary lives. Thankfully with the best remote control wheelchairs, you can regain your freedom and be able to move around again on your own.
• Unlike other wheelchairs, they do the work. As compared to other wheelchairs remote control wheelchairs will always do the work for you. This is due to the fact that as long as you are using the remote you can comfortably operate your wheelchair without worrying. While you can still get yourself around with a manual wheelchair there are some places or lack of stable hands and limbs that may prevent you from operating your wheelchair the way you are supposed to. This implies if you don’t have remote control you may need to engage someone to help you around.
• They come with the comfort that you need. Since most of these wheelchairs are a bit expensive they usually come with the comfort that you need to move around. As long as you can shop for the best remote control wheelchair you can always move around with relative ease. As compared to other wheelchairs these wheelchairs are usually fitted with choice wheels, changeable cushions, and even adjustable footrests. With all these features in your wheelchair, it means that you’ll get one of the most comfortable wheelchairs for your needs.
• With remote control wheelchairs, you’ll enjoy all the activities. Provided you get the best remote control wheelchair you can always enjoy all the activities that you need to enjoy. Apart from going out for picnics with your friends you can also explore the trails enjoy shopping at your favorite stores and do virtually everything that you want to do. This is just because of the fact that controlling them is very easy. As a matter of fact, these wheelchairs will ensure that you enjoy a much busier lifestyle than before that will result in a healthier and more comfortable lifestyle.
• They are easy to use. This is perhaps one of the best things about remote control wheelchairs. Unlike other wheelchairs, these wheelchairs are quite easy to operate. In fact, as long as you can push the button on the remote control you can always operate them with relative ease. Whether your one arm is working or not you can always operate them with a lot of ease.
• These wheelchairs come with constant power. As compared to other wheelchairs remote control wheelchair has constant power. This means regardless of how far you go with your wheelchair you can always return back to where you came from with a lot of ease. For more information in this checkout www.nationalwheelchairservices.co.uk.
• These wheelchairs can stop you from involving yourself in an accident. While manual wheelchairs can be stopped using brakes they can be a bit harder to stop when they are rolling downhill. On the contrary, with just the push of a button, the best remote control wheelchair can always be stopped with relate ease thus making them the best wheelchairs to use around.
• A remote control wheelchair increases your socialization. When you have the best remote control wheelchair you get a new sense of freedom which improves your socialization and way of life. This means visiting your friends and engaging in other social activities becomes something that’s very easy. Provided you choose the best one you can always enjoy all the activities that you intend to enjoy.
• These wheelchairs are strong. As compared to other wheelchairs remote control wheelchairs are very strong. Because they are fitted with a much lower center of gravity it means that it’s very hard for them to fall or tip over while you are using the, According to the National Wheelchair Services, this makes them the best wheelchairs to use on rough terrains.
Remote control wheelchair versus manual wheelchair
If you are a wheelchair user then you understand that choosing between the independence of a remote control wheelchair and the portability of a manual wheelchair can be a bit hard. This is why those who can afford tend to buy all so that they can enjoy their easy mobility of remote-controlled wheelchair and the portability that manual wheelchair brings over. However, those who do not use a lightweight wheelchair at home carrying a long lightweight wheelchair can provide them with all the benefits that they require while abroad. But before choosing the best wheelchair for your needs there are some things that you need to consider so you can choose the best ones. Here are some of the main considerations
Ask yourself whether you need a chair that you can take apart easily. If you are looking for a wheelchair that can be assembled and disassembled then you should go for a manual wheelchair. This is because some remote control wheelchairs require a lot of effort to assemble and disable while on the move.
You should understand your destination. There are some countries that will provide you with conditions that remote wheelchair needs while there are others that do not have these conditions. It’s, therefore, important to know your destination before you can settle for either remote control wheelchair or manual wheelchair. Remember, if you were you travel with your remote control wheelchair you must arrange beforehand where you’ll charge your battery. Failure to do this means that you’ll not use your wheelchair even if you carry it along.
Know how you’ll manage the repairs. As compared to manual wheelchairs remote control wheelchairs require rather complicated repairs. You, therefore, need to understand how you intend to repair them before settling ion them. You must understand whether your host country has the kind of resources that you require to repair the wheelchair or not.
Pros and cons of remote control wheelchairs
Unlike manual wheelchairs, remote control wheelchairs are normally propelled by batteries through the help of remote controls. If you require a wheelchair that does not need a lot of strength to propel then you should go for remote-controlled wheelchairs. Here are some of the pros and cons.
• They are suitable for those who have limited upper body strengths.
• They do not require a helper to assist you to push them.
• As compared to most wheelchairs they are fitted with very quiet motors.
• They are luxurious in nature.
• As compared to other wheelchairs they are more expensive.
• These wheelchairs may require more complicated repairs.
• Transporting them in vehicles can be a bit difficult.
• They tend to be a bit heavy.
Pros and cons of manual wheelchairs
As compared to remote control wheelchairs manual wheelchairs require you to sit in the wheelchair while physically turning the wheels by hands. Due to this, they tend to be lightweight. Here are some of their pros and cons
• They tend to be much more affordable.
• They are quite easy to transport.
• They are lightweight.
• They are suitable for short term use.
• They need less maintenance.
• If you don’t have good body strength or someone who can push you then they may not be the best wheelchairs to use.
• They could easily wear out of they are not well taken care of.
• It could be hard to reach a good speed when you are traveling in longer distances.
Types of remote control wheelchairs
When it comes to remote control wheelchairs there several in the market that one can always choose from. Here are some of the main types worth considering.
Full-sized remote control wheelchairs
Among all the other wheelchairs in the market full-sized remote control, wheelchairs are perhaps the largest and the most complex. Since they come in a variety of sizes and prices you can always get the right one for your needs. These wheelchairs also have customizable options in places such as the seat and sizes hence you can always customize them based on what you are looking for. If you are shopping for more luxury ones there are also several upgraded ones that you can always use for your needs.
Travel remote control wheelchairs
These are the smallest and the lightest remote control wheelchairs in the market. Fitted with the best turning radius you can always use these wheelchairs to maneuver very small places. Apart from the fact that they are transported friendly, these wheelchairs can also be disassembled into very lightweight parts that are quite easy to transport from one place to another. These wheelchairs are, therefore, suitable in places such as insides the stores, smooth pavements and indoors. Because of their reduced weight and compact sizes, these wheelchairs are meant for those who are 250 pounds and below. More so, as compared to all the other wheelchairs in this category, they are also the least expensive wheelchairs.
Heavy-duty remote control wheelchairs
These remote control wheelchairs normally incorporates the best features of a full-sized wheelchair but also have upgraded frames, high-quality batteries, and motors that they require to move from one point to another. To ensure that one gets optimal performance while using them there are also some of them in the market that are designed for icy and more unpaved terrains. However, unlike other remote wheelchairs, they are a bit pricy.
Front-wheel drive remote control wheelchairs
These are the types of remote control wheelchairs that have their drive systems locate towards the front of the seat. Although the casters of these wheelchairs are found behind the wheels the wheels can always be found in front of the wheelchair. As compared to other wheelchairs, these remote control wheelchairs can always go over bumps and curbs with a lot of ease. While these wheelchairs do not have the small turning radiuses, they can comfortably maneuver around very tight corners thus making them some of the best wheelchairs to have around.
How to maintain the best remote control wheelchair
The daily cleaning process
If you want your remote control wheelchair to remain in good working condition you need to wash all the important parts for them to remain clean. This is because built-up dirt and food deposits can easily cause them to wear out very fast. When you engage in this type of cleaning daily then it won’t always take you long to clean your wheelchair. Once you are through with your cleaning you need to go over it again to ensure that any remaining dirt or dust is cleared off the wheelchair.
Maintaining the battery
Since a remote control wheelchair uses a battery it’s also very important to maintain the batteries to ensure that they are working well. Even if you have not used the wheelchair throughout the day you still need to charge the battery so you can extend its life well. According to National Wheelchair Services, charging the batteries on a regular basis is one of the best ways to maintain their lifespan. When it comes to charging the battery you also need to ensure that you use the charger that comes with the wheelchair.
Always keep your remote wheelchair dry
Since most wheelchairs are made of metals, you should not expose them to a wet environment as they can easily rust. After thoroughly cleaning the wheelchair you need to ensure that you wipe it dry before keeping it inside the house. This will always ensure that they remain in good working condition always. Although you can use your wheelchair outside make sure that you cover it well so you can prevent the rain from reaching some of their most sensitive parts.
Check out today’s top 10 remote control wheelchair deals below…
How to choose the best remote control wheelchair
If you are looking for the best remote control wheelchairs here are some of the tips that will help you choose one.
• Durability. When you are shopping for the best remote control wheelchair then it’s very important to consider one that can last long. Since these wheelchairs are very expensive you don’t want to spend a lot of money every now and again buying one.
• Manufacturer. With several brands in the market, it’s very important to review different brands and choose the one that you think is the most suitable for your needs.
• Size. Just like other wheelchairs out there it’s also very important to choose a remote control wheelchair that you can afford. Do not buy a wheelchair only to realize that you cannot fit inside it. This is very important when looking for the best wheelchairs for sale.
• Comfort. This is perhaps the most important consideration when shopping for the best remote control wheelchair. It’s important to choose one that you are sure is comfortable.
If you are shopping for the best remote control wheelchair it’s always very important to keep any that you love inside the basket so you can review it later. This way you’ll definitely end up with the best one.