The Best Shower Wheelchairs In 2020
Are you looking for a great shower wheelchair bargain? Then check out today’s top deals below. Or to read our guide and tips on buying the best shower wheelchair, please click here.
As a wheelchair user, you may notice that engaging in a simple activity such as taking a shower can be a bit challenging. Leave alone standing on your tow feet even getting in and out of the wheelchair can prove to be quite a challenging process. Thankfully, with the improvement in technology, there are wheelchairs that have been developed to ensure that this process becomes a bit easy. One such wheelchair is known as a shower wheelchair? But what’s a shower wheelchair?
A shower wheelchair refers to a mobility device that’s essential for those who cannot walk on their own. As compared to the standard wheelchairs that move around shower wheelchairs are designed in such a way that they can significantly help a wheelchair user to manage both toileting and bathing. They are, therefore, very important items in assisting people who cannot be able to walk on their own because of old age, prolonged hospital admission, and surgery. Since they can become quite in handy they are very important gear that you should always have around. If you are looking for the best folding shower wheelchair, click here to check some of our reviews.
The origin and history of a shower wheelchair
The modern shower wheelchair can be traced back to a closed stool which was a type of portable toilet that used during the middle ages. According to studies, while wheelchairs are very recent with the first in the market patented in 1973, the initial design was more or less the shape of wheelchair wit the wheels. Since then many manufacturers have taken advantage and have come up with several materials to improve both the make and the design to ensure that they are much better than the original ones.
Shower wheelchairs current brands
Here are some of the companies that currently make some of the best PVC shower wheelchairs In the market.
Carex is perhaps one of the best companies that make these shower wheelchairs. Their reclining shower wheelchairs are not only designed with comfort in mind but also come with adjustable handles, height, and convenient notch that can withstand shower spray. Their shower wheelchairs are therefore meant for the disabled, elderly, handicapped and even those who require additional support while traveling. For more details about this company check www.nationalwheelchairservices.co.uk.
This is also another company that makes a self-propelled shower wheelchair. Because of the features that they have in their products their shower wheelchairs are perhaps some of the most popular products in the market. Their shower wheelchairs are fitted with drain holes and other features that minimize the chances of slipping while they are being used. Since they make several products chances are you’ll always get a product that you need for your use.
Medline is also another major player in this industry. Since they manufacture several precuts choosing the best product should be easy.
Benefits of shower wheelchairs
If you are disabled in one way or another then you understand that taking a shower is not a small task. While bathing is supposed to be a relaxing process it can significantly take the toll on you if you cannot be able to use all your legs. The possibility of falling down and getting injuries or even bruises are high if you cannot comfortably use your legs. Here are some of the reasons why you need to get the best shower wheelchair for sale.
• A shower wheelchair will boost your safety. Are you afraid of taking a bath because you are suffering from mobility issues? Since the possibility of falling is ever in your mind the best shower wheelchair can significantly help you to overcome this. By using the best shower wheelchair you’ll significantly boost your safety by decreasing your chances of falling while taking a bath. With the best wheelchair for showering you don’t have to risk falling own and ending in a hospital or causing yourself much more pain.
• The best shower wheelchairs will improve your hygiene. Whether you are a wheelchair user or not you need to maintain high levels of hygiene. By not being able to move you are already faced with a lot of difficulties and won’t want to add this to falling sick again. Thankfully with the best shower wheelchair, you take good care of your own hygiene and ensure that your body is always as clean as possible. Since a shower wheelchair is a very personal piece of equipment you’ll not be sharing it with another person. This will ensure that you don’t risk infecting yourself with another person’s bacterial or virus while bathing.
• Shower wheelchairs make you more empowered and independent. By getting the best shower wheelchair you’ll not only feel more independent but you’ll also feel more empowered while using the wheelchair. Regardless of what your needs are there are several options that will accommodate all of them. For instance, if you get the best ones you can always wheel yourself in and out of the bathroom without calling on another person to help you with the process.
• A good shower wheelchair will boost the quality of your life. If you want to improve the quality of your life then it’s very important to look for the best shower wheelchair. By getting a little bit of independent you’ll not only boost the quality of your life but also improve the quality of life of those who are around you. Since you’ll be enjoying that feeling of warm water passing through your aching joints you’ll feel that life is worth living. You’ll also be able to relax inside the water and wash away all the worries that life may bring on you. This is according to National Wheelchair Services.
• The best shower wheelchair is yours. Since its one of the best pieces of equipment to own you’ll not be sharing it with another person. This means you’ll understand whether it’s clean or not, how to use it and even how to take good care of it without involving another person to help you do this.
• They are portable. Since shower wheelchairs come in different sizes and shapes you can also get some very small ones that you can always transport from one place to another with a lot of ease. As a matter of fact, some of them even fold to ensure that they can easily be transported from one point to another.
FAQs about shower wheelchairs
Which is the most suitable shower wheelchair to use in the bathroom?
The best wheelchair material to use under wet conditions is aluminum. This is because unlike other materials it does not rust. The good thing about it is that it will last for several years.
Which shower wheelchair should I buy?
The only way to choose the best shower wheelchair for your bathroom is to ensure that you read the description. Since the size of the chair also matters a lot you should avoid looking at only the features of the wheelchairs.
Why should I get a shower wheelchair?
When you are old or physically challenged then this unit usually comes in handy. With the best shower wheelchair, you’ll ensure that you enjoy your shower in a comfortable and easy way. The best shower wheelchair will also enable you to use the toilet well.
Are shower wheelchairs durable?
Although they are being used in wet conditions the best shower wheelchair can always last for several years. However, while shopping or one you need to ensure that the model that you choose cannot be destroyed or damaged by water or dust.
Are shower wheelchairs expensive?
The answer to this is both yes and no. Just like other products in the market, there are some models which are always more expensive than the others. You, therefore, need to shop for a model that you feel is within your budget so you can always enjoy all the features that it comes with.
What other benefits can you enjoy from a shower wheelchair?
Apart from bathing the best shower wheelchair can also assist the sick, weak and the elderly use the toilet well.
What is the best weight capacity of a shower wheelchair?
The best weight capacity of shower wheelchair should range from 250 lbs to 400 lbs.
How do you measure fit for shower wheelchair?
This is something that you can comfortably do at home before going out to shop for the best shower wheelchair. You need to have the disabled or the elderly sit on the normal chair so that you can take their measurements. Using a measuring tape you need to measure their hips, back, neck, feet and all the other body parts that will be accommodated by the shower wheelchair.
What are other accessories that you need to have in a shower wheelchair?
If you depend on a shower wheelchair as your only means of mobility then you should choose padded waterproof cushion. This will not only boost your comfort but also promote your overall skin protection. Having waterproof calf support is also important for those who are in need of lower leg support.
Why should I get a shower wheelchair that fits?
If you need the best shower wheelchair to get around then getting the one that fits your body well is very important. This will ensure that the wheelchair is not only easy to use but also comfortable as well. You, therefore, need to consider the basic measurements so you can get one that fits you well.
Who needs shower wheelchair
The best group of people who needs shower wheelchairs is the elderly and those who cannot move
How to use a shower wheelchair safely
You may have bought a brand new shower wheelchair but did you know that if you don’t know how to use it you may end up getting hurt seriously? Thankfully by mastering a couple of tips you can comfortably enjoy using your shower wheelchair without any issues. Here are some of the tips that will help you use one.
Using a shower wheelchair correctly
Shower wheelchairs are perhaps the most important things for the elderly or those who have mobility issues. In addition, if you are looking for more comfort or if you cannot stand for long you may also decide to get one. When shopping for one it’s, therefore, important to avoid looking at the design but rather choose the one that’s you feel is the safest. By knowing how to use your shower wheelchair correctly you’ll be much better placed and save yourself from accidents that may occur along the way.
How to shower with shower wheelchair
Once you learn how to shower with shower wheelchair your showers will not only be less painful but also enjoyable as well. If you have trouble showering with shower wheelchair here are some of the steps that you need to follow.
• Make sure that the shower wheelchair is standing firmly in place and is not wobbling or sliding.
• Make sure you have all that you need for showering you don’t stand up while taking a bath.
• Place towels and safety mats and don’t step on bare surfaces with wet feet as this can make you slip quickly while taking a shower.
• Always monitor your movements. The best thing to do while using a shower wheelchair is to always avoid any sudden movements that may lead to falls.
• If you are helping disabled or an injured person ensure that you assist them through the process before giving them the room that they need for their privacy.
• If possible you can also use your shower wheelchair as support to get in and out of the shower or bathtub.
How to safely use a shower chair
Once you know how to safely use your shower wheelchair you can significantly minimize any potential injuries that may occur. If you feel unsafe then you need to buy the best shower wheelchair and then follow these steps so you can ensure that you are always safe while taking a shower.
• Make sure you properly adjust the height of your shower wheelchair so that you can stand and sit comfortably while taking a bath.
• Make sure that the wheelchair wheels are level and standing stable on the bathroom floor.
• Make sure you have a slip-resistant mat both beneath your feet and beneath the wheelchair so as to avoid slipping while using your wheelchair.
• Clear your bathing area of any obstruction so you don’t come across anything that might make your wheelchair fall or tumble.
• Always make sure that your weight is distributed well across the wheelchair and also ensure that you avoid sitting at the edge of the wheelchair as this can easily make you fall.
Check out today’s top 10 best shower wheelchair deals below…
How to shop for the best shower wheelchair
Since there are several shower wheelchairs in the market you need to know how to choose one so you can end up with the best one. Here are some of the most important factors to consider when looking for the best one.
• Construction. Since you are looking for something that you’ll use for long you need to take into consideration the construction of the wheelchair. You should avoid at all costs a product that’s unstable, rickety, and wobbly. Such type of wheelchair might even become risky when transferring a person in and out of it.
• Portability. Since a good number of wheelchairs are nowadays fitted with locking casters you need to choose one that you are sure is portable. This will ensure that you can always move with it from one place to another when you need.
• Material. It’s also important to think about the material that’s it’s been made of. Since you’ll, be using this type of wheelchair in the bathroom you must ensure the material is not only strong but also rustproof. It should also corrosion resistant and economical as well.
• Weight. Just like other wheelchairs, you should also consider the weight capacity of the shower wheelchair that you want to buy. Since they are available in different sizes and weights you need to choose one that can accommodate you well.
• Size. This is also another important thing to consider when shopping for the best shower wheelchair. The worst thing that you can do is to buy a shower wheelchair that cannot fit your body. You should also consider the bathroom where you are going to use it and ensure that it fits the bathroom well. You need to think about this when looking for the best wheelchairs for sale.
Buying shower wheelchairs is often one of the first steps taken to ensure that you enjoy a safer and comfortable bathing experience. With several of these wheelchairs in the market choosing the best one should not be hard. However, when shopping for one it’s important to always keep any that you find so you can review it later. This will ensure that you get the best.