The Best Wheelchair Trays In 2021
Are you looking for a great wheelchair trays bargain? Then check out today’s top deals below. Or to read our guide and tips on buying the best wheelchair trays bargain, please click here.
As a wheelchair user, you understand that being stuck in a wheelchair is perhaps one of the most difficult things. Since by being stuck you have reduced mobility you just have to look at different ways through which you can regain your independence. Thankfully, there are several ways that one can achieve this. Since technology has significantly advanced, one of these ways to shop for the best wheelchair accessories. One of these accessories is the best wheelchair tray. Although a wheelchair tray may seem to be a simple thing it’s something that can significantly improve your life as a wheelchair user and make you more independent. This is according to National Wheelchair Services, home of the internets best wheelchairs for sale.
Whether you use your wheelchairs for only a few hours in a day or you normally spend a lot of time on them, the best wheelchair tray can not only make you more independent but can also significantly improve your life. Since a wheelchair tray is a versatile thing it’s something that’s worth investing in. If you are shopping for the best wheelchair tray then click here to read our in-depth review about the best ones.
Benefits of wheelchair trays
Although people tend to dismiss some things, that should not be the case. This because even by doing some simple things alone you can significantly boost your lifestyle. Although a wheelchair tray is a very simple thing it can significantly boost your lifestyle. Here are some of the benefits of the best wheelchair tray.
• You can take your meals comfortably. If you are on wheelchairs then taking your meals can sometimes be one of the most difficult things. This is because if the dinner table is too low or too high you cannot comfortably take your meals. You might end up seating too far from it such that you don’t even enjoy your meals the way you are supposed to. Thankfully since the wheelchair tray is usually positioned in the right way you can sit well and comfortably enjoy your meal.
• Wheelchair trays can always come off. The good thing with a wheelchair tray is that it can be removed from the wheelchair. This means you can only use the wheelchair tray when you need it. If you don’t need the tray you can as well do away with it. With most models very easy to set up and down you can always choose the best one for your needs.
• You can take your meals anywhere. With the best wheelchair tray, it’s not a must that you must take your meals at the dinner table. If you want to eat your meals while watching the TV you can with the best wheelchair tray the dining table can be anywhere that you want it to be. This means you don’t have to depend on over bed tables and even coffee tables. You can just set up the table and eat outside even if you want.
• The best wheelchair trays are versatile. Did you know that there are several things that you can do with your wheelchair tray? From sewing to holding your laptop, reading to enjoying just anything that requires support there is a lot that you can always do with the best wheelchair tray. As a matter of fact, you can use the best wheelchair tray the way you want with a lot of ease.
Wheelchair tray styles
Wheelchair trays typically come in two major styles, the full trays, and half trays. While the full trays usually extend from arm to arm and are fitted with larger surfaces to provide enough room to help you be effective at work the half tray is mounted either on the left arm or the right arm of the wheelchair and mostly meant to support the arm. Also, known as hemi-trays, the half trays usually come with hinges that link them to the bracket so that they do not flip away while you are using the wheelchair.
Wheelchair tray surface and material
Wheelchair trays are usually made of either wood or plastic. As compared to plastic trays the wooden trays are usually more solid. These trays can also be upholstered and padded for those who normally use the trays for support instead of other activities. On the contrary, plastic trays usually tend to be lighter in weight hence can easily be modified the way one requires. Plastic trays can either be clear or solid color. For more information check out www.nationalwheelchairservices.co.uk
When it comes to children wheelchairs trays there are two schools of thoughts as to whether the trays should be clear or soil colors. The proponents of clear trays usually argue that these trays allow the children to see their lower bodies. Hence are much more away of their body image. Those in support of solid trays argue like that because visually they are a lot easier to see and even distinguish the things that have been put on the tray. However, there are no right or wrong wheelchair trays, it’s just a matter of tastes and preferences.
Support wheelchairs trays
Wheelchair trays that are used for support are not only upholstered but also padded as well. However, it’s not a must that these trays have to be like that. Since regular trays will work just fine, a small pad made of foam may be fixed on them to allow the users to put their hands on. Wheelchair trays that are used for support should be fairly solid so that they can take all the weight that has been exerted on them by the wheelchair user. To ensure that they have much more stable support wheelchair trays can also be fitted with other accessories. Elbow pads can also be added to these support trays to ensure that the elbows do not slip out once the torso is inside.
Wheelchair trays for power wheelchairs
Trays that are meant for power wheelchairs are also pretty much the same as the ones for manual wheelchairs. While some trays are fitted with cutouts for joysticks for some cutouts are not fitted in the right place for the wheelchair user. Overall, they are just the same as the normal wheelchair trays out there.
Types of wheelchair trays
Just like other wheelchair accessories wheelchairs trays normally come in a range of shapes, sizes, and materials to help solve the many issues that wheelchair users have. These wheelchair trays usually eliminate the need to roll up under the table so as to do things such as reading, eating, writing and doing other activities as well. Moreover, the best wheelchair trays will give you a very suitable surface that you can work on. Since these wheelchairs trays are installed on the armrest of the wheelchairs they can only be stable when in case the wheelchair is fitted with one of the best armrests. Otherwise, you can’t expect them to be stable.
For the wheelchair trays to be stable it means that the armrests must also be stable as well. When shopping for the best wheelchair trays, it’s, therefore, very important to take into consideration the armrests of the wheelchairs. Without doing that you cannot expect the trays to be stable. Some wheelchair trays also come with a slide-in bracket that that slides over the wheelchair brackets to allow them to be removed with ease. There are also others that use Velcro straps and mechanical clamps that some people may realize are very easy to use. These are some of the most popular wheelchair tray models in the market.
DMI wheelchair tray
These are perhaps the most convenient wheelchair trays in the market. The good thing with them is that regardless of your needs you can always comfortably use them without any issue. Since these trays come with a hardtop they will give you the support that you need to carry on with your activities and even engage in what you want to engage in with relative ease. More so, as compared to other wheelchair trays they can easily be fitted in almost all kinds of wheelchairs out there. Just like other wheelchair trays, they feature raised mold that will prevent any liquid, drink or food from spilling into the ground. Also, with their semi-round design they are not only easy to use but you can also carry them around to wherever you are going to, thus making them some of the best trays in the market. As compared to other wheelchair trays out there the good thing with these ones is that installing them is very easy. They also have hook and loop that will ensure that they remain secured in the wheelchair. With the material that has been used to make them they are also quite easy to clean hence you don’t have to worry about cleaning them.
NEEP wheelchair tray
These refer to wheelchairs lap trays that have been manufactured by NEEP. Since these wheelchairs trays are fitted with a hardtop they are quite suitable for meals and other forms of activities that require one to have strong support while using the wheelchair. You can comfortably use these wheelchair trays to read, use your laptop, play games and do almost anything that requires you to have some form of support.
These wheelchair trays also come with a secure and easy cushion that will ensure that you get the posture you need for your work. As compared to other wheelchair trays they will ensure that you are supported well while using the wheelchair. Since these wheelchair trays have a raised molding they will ensure that they prevent any drink from spilling onto the ground. They also have cup holders which will allow you to move around comfortably with them without spilling anything. As they are quite easy to maintain and clean they are some of the best wheelchair trays out there.
How to maintain and take good care of wheelchair trays
Since wheelchair trays are useful in doing a number of things they should always be well taken care of so that they remain presentable and hygienic as well. While the cleaning process is usually based on the materials used to make them once you have the basic cleaning materials, the cleaning process should be a breeze. Whether you have plastic or wooden trays you need to have water, sponge, dry towel, soap and some water for rinsing. Here are a few steps that you need to follow when cleaning wheelchair trays.
• Wipe the tray. First, you need to wipe any food or anything that might have stuck on the wheelchair tray. However, while doing this you need to be careful since if you pour these materials you might end up blocking your sink.
• Make sure you place the tray in the sink, turn on the water so you can clear any material that might have still been stuck there. You should then allow the clean water to run over the wheelchair tray until you are sure it’s clean and clear.
• In case there are some remnants still remaining you need to add drops of dish soap into the water and then use a soft sponge to scrub them off so you can be sure that all the remnants come out of the tray.
• In case there are some stubborn stains on the tray you should allow the wheelchair tray to soak in the sink until you are sure that all these come out
• Before using the wheelchair tray again you need to allow it to completely dry it. It’s not recommended to use the wheelchair tray when it’s still wet.
Check out today’s top 10 wheelchair trays deals below…
How to buy the best wheelchair tray
With several wheelchair trays in the market choosing one can be a bit challenging. However, if you know what you are looking for you should find this process very easy. Here are some of the tips to help you choose one.
• Consider the size. First, it’s important to know the size of your wheelchair before looking for the best wheelchair tray. This is because not all wheelchairs out there are equal. Once you’ve read all the specifications well you’ll be much better placed to know the best wheelchair tray for your needs. By using a wheelchair tray that’s too big or too small you might end up with a tray that can’t fit well onto your wheelchair.
• Make. It’s also important to know the make of your wheelchair tray. It’s important to know whether you are looking for a soft or hard wheelchair tray. Since this entirely depends on your tastes and preferences if you want to use the wheelchair tray for food then it’s important to choose hardtop wheelchair tray. While these trays are not comfortable depending on the model that you’ve bought you may end up with the best one. You may also need to get one with padding so that you can always get the support that you want.
• Assembly and disassembly. While there are several wheelchairs trays out there Velcro provides some of the most wheelchair trays for your needs. They have the trays that are not only easy to install but also easy to use. If you are already in a wheelchair getting up and installing your wheelchair tray can be a bit hard. Since Velcro is easy to install you only need to get the tools that you require and you are good to go.
• Weight. If you are pushing your wheelchair and handling the tray alone then the wheelchair tray that you choose should be lightweight in nature. The whole purpose of getting the best wheelchair tray is to ensure that life becomes easy for you as a wheelchair user.
• Additional features. There are also several other features that you need to consider when shopping for the best wheelchair tray.
When shopping for the best wheelchair tray its important to keep any that you find so that you may review it later. This will ensure that you get only the best.