The Best Wheelchair In 2020
Are you looking for a great wheelchair bargain? Then check out today’s top deals below. Or to read our guide and tips on buying the best wheelchair, please click here.
Did you know that a wheelchair can simply be described as a chair with wheels? If you are an elderly person or disabled that then you understand the important role that a wheelchair can play in your life. For so many years now wheelchairs have been helping people to easily get around. Some of the ancient recording use of wheelchairs can be traced back the ancient china. As a matter of fact, the first wheelchair was developed in 1887 in the Atlantic City thus making them some of the oldest mobility devices out there. But what is a wheelchair?
Well, a wheelchair can be described as a mobility device that can be used by those who have already lost their sense of mobility due to sickness or other reasons. When these people have the need and desire to get around then wheelchairs are some of the most important things that they need. By getting the best wheelchairs they can again regain the freedom that they had lost before and be able to move from one place to another with relative ease. If you are searching or the best wheelchair, click here to read our in-depth review of the best ones.
Why you should get 14 wheelchairs or 16-inch wheelchair
Some people have come to point in their lives where they can no longer move hence they need some help with walking. This can be due to disability, Parkinson’s disease, old injuries flaring up and other things out there. Although the realization that you no longer can’t walk may be a difficult thing to absorb, the good news is that there are wheelchairs out there that you can use to walk around and move with relative ease. These include an 18-inch wheelchair, a 19-inch wheelchair, 20-inch wheelchair, 24-inch wheelchair among others. Here are some of the reasons why you need to get one.
• Mobility. There are high chances that over a span of several years your mobility may have become seriously affected and your activities lessened. This may lead you to a life that’s mostly spent indoors. If you are such a person the best wheelchair will provide you with the freedom to move around the way you want. Since most wheelchairs are made in such a way that they can comfortably fit in very small tight places you can always use them without any issue. This will ensure that you enjoy a very comfortable and easy lifestyle.
• They will provide you with the independence that you need. If you have a difficult time walking around and forced to depend on other people to assist you then you need to look for the best wheelchair. Did you know that feeling unbalanced when walking around is one of the reasons why most seniors live a lonely life? While they are alone they may fear walking around their homes. This type of fear can even make them be isolated from their friends and even other family members. Since wheelchair will give them back their mobility it’s a great source of help for these people. With the best wheelchair, they can start to enjoy their hobbies and other activities that they could not be able to do before.
• Wheelchairs can lead to comfort. Since many wheelchairs come with comfortable seating they can provide one with the comfort that they need in case they are disabled and have to use wheelchairs for long. With the comfort and the strong support that these wheelchairs come with, they’ll be able] enjoy seating for ling without worrying about anything. Wheelchairs can significantly boost their socialization. With the best wheelchairs or average cost of a wheelchair, you can boost your level of socialization and be able to meet as many people as possible. This means that going to clubs, visiting friends and engaging in other activities becomes something that you can achieve. If you disabled could have made you be isolated the best wheelchairs will ensure that you don’t live a life of loneliness anymore.
• Enjoy outdoors activities. If you are a new wheelchair user then one of the activities that you are likely to look forward to is enjoying the outdoors. With the best wheelchairs, you can always plan to enjoy picnics with friends, go for a bird watch, capture scenery pictures and even engage in a lot more activities. All aid Wheelchair or an adult wheelchair will, therefore, provide you with a more active lifestyle that will definitely result in a healthy and happier lifestyle.
Types of wheelchairs
As a wheelchair user, it’s important to know that there are several wheelchairs in the market that you can choose. Based on your needs you can always choose the best wheelchair that suits you. From lightweight to customized, motorized to the manual, there are several wheelchairs that you can choose. Here are some of the types of wheelchairs that you need to consider.
This is perhaps the most common type of wheelchair in the market. Provided one has enough strength in his upper body this is the most common type of wheelchair that he can use. Consisting of four wheels these wheelchairs are not only affordable but also quite easy to get if you are looking for one. Apart from the wheels these wheelchairs are also fitted with footrests, push rims, and back cushions to ensure that the users are as compatible as possible. What different these wheelchairs from others on the market are the push rims that they are fitted with. This means that as wheelchair users you’ll push the wheelchairs using push rims. You must, therefore, have strong upper body strength so you can comfortably push the wheelchairs. A self-propelled wheelchair can either be made of folded or rigid frames.
Attendant propelled wheelchairs
As compared to the self-propelled wheelchairs these are the types of wheelchairs fitted with handles at the back to help the caregivers or attendants to push them. As the best manual wheelchairs, these wheelchairs also have smaller wheels that cannot allow them to be pushed by other people. Although sometimes these wheelchairs are fitted with breaks at the handles. In other instances, they do not have the brakes. Hence the attendant must apply the brake using his or her foot or arms. Found mostly in intuitional areas these wheelchairs can always be loaned to other people who may need them. You may, therefore, find them in places such as airports, hospitals, railway stations among other places.
Motorized and powered wheelchairs
Unlike other wheelchairs, these refer to the wheelchairs that are powered by either the battery or electric power. Their frames are made in such a way that they can accommodate electric motors and batteries with relative ease. As compared with other wheelchairs that are either pushed or propelled by the user, these wheelchairs are controlled by the joystick. This means that one doesn’t have to have a lot of strength to be able to use them with the best-motorized wheelchair one can comfortably travel even up to 15 kilometers as long as the battery is charged well thus making them the best wheelchairs to use by those who do not have upper body strengths. Overall, they are the best wheelchair brands. For more information about them, check out www.nationalwheelchairservices.co.uk.
Also known as transit wheelchairs these refer to the wheelchairs that are mostly used for transport purposes. Since they are light in weight these wheelchairs are quite suitable for the user who is always on the go. Since these wheelchairs come with small wheels they are a bit challenging to be pushed by the wheelchair user. However, with their small casters, they are very easy to maneuver in very small places and are also light in weight. Since they are easy to carry and lift they can significantly make life very easy for the caregiver.
Custom made wheelchairs
These Medline wheelchairs that have been specifically designed for the individual user come in either rigid or folding frame if you are looking for one you can always shop for it and choose them. These wheelchairs are always meant for users who must always be in a wheelchair. To ensure that the user can get around with relative ease they are super lightweight. To provide them with the best design the details of the user are measured well before the wheelchair can be produced thus making them some of the best wheelchairs out there. Since there is a variety of them you can always choose from different options.
Heavy-duty manual wheelchairs
As compared to all the other wheelchairs in the market heavy duty wheelchairs are the type of wheelchairs with great size and weight capacity. These wheelchairs have been made using heavy string metals to ensure that they are always as strong as possible. The seats are also designed with larger sizes to ensure the wheelchair user is as comfortable as possible.
Sports titanium wheelchair
If you are looking for excellent maneuverability then you need to choose a sports wheelchair. Whether you want to play tennis, basketball or any other kind of sports the best wheelchair to choose is the sports wheelchair. Just because you are disabled does not mean that you cannot enjoy your favorite sports. With the best sports wheelchair, you can still participate in all the sports that you intend to participate in with relative ease. Since they are customizable in nature you can always choose the ones that you need.
Although children can still use the standard wheelchairs the best wheelchairs that they should choose are the pediatric wheelchairs. The goal of these wheelchairs is to ensure that the disabled children are as comfortable as possible while using the wheelchairs. More so, these wheelchairs should also be designed in such a way that they suit the needs of children. It will be pointless to give children the wheelchairs that you are sure they’ll not be comfortable to use.
If you are looking or wheelchairs that you can use anywhere then all-terrain wheelchairs are the best. Applying the latest technology these wheelchairs you can always use these wheelchairs anywhere regardless of the terrains. There are some that are fitted with features that can even plow over the obstacles. Although these h=wheelchairs are heavy and about hard to transport they will give you a chance to visit the places that other wheelchairs cannot. This is according to National Wheelchair Services.
The best wheelchair accessories
• Push rims. Made of aluminum or titanium these are the things that are used to push the wheelchair around. In addition, to the rubber or plastic materials that they are made of there are some of them that are fitted with bars to allow the wheelchair user to have a comfortable grip while using the wheelchair.
• Wheels. These are perhaps some of the most important components of a wheelchair. From large wheels to casters there is no wheelchair that can comfortably be pushed without wheels.
• Grade aids. These refer to the devices linked to the wheels of a wheelchair to ensure that the wheelchair is prevented from rolling. Thee accessories play a very important role especially when one is either climbing or propelling up the slopes. They are therefore some of the most important things to have when you are a wheelchair user.
• Cushion covers. If you want your wheelchair seats to as comfortable as possible then you need to shop for the best seat covers. Since there are several designs in the market as a wheelchair user you always have several options to choose from. Because they are designed t fit every wheelchair you will always find a design that fits your needs.
• Front leg castors. If you want to enjoy a smoother ride with your wheelchair then you need to fit front leg casters. By improving the steering capability of your wheelchair they will always ensure that you enjoy a smoother ride while using the wheelchair.
• Wheelchair slippers. Sometimes after riding your wheelchair out for long, the wheels are likely to gather a lot of dirt and dust. If you want to avoid this the best thing to do is to get the best wheelchair slipper slippers. With the wheelchair slippers, your wheelchair wheels are likely to go over several nasty things that you may not like.
• Wheelchair cup holders. If you want to enjoy a warm cup of coffee, tea or juice then you need to get the best wheelchair cup, holder. Since you may be disabled or sick you may not have the capability to use your hands to constantly carry the drink. The good thing is that the best wheelchair cup holder will give you a chance to carry your cup while you are on the move.
Check out today’s top 10 wheelchair deals below…
How to choose the best wheelchair
Although finding the right wheelchair can seem a bit hard at first if you know what you are looking for the process should not be hard. With a little search, common sense and experimentation you can end up with the best wheelchair. Here are some of the factors to help you choose one.
• Discuss your needs with your doctor. If you are not sure about the right wheelchair for your needs you need to discuss this with your doctor so that he can advise you on how to get one. Since they are familiar with your health they definitely know the right wheelchair for you.
• Know the category that you are looking for. You also need to look at your condition so you can know the right category that you need. For instance, can you comfortably use a manual wheelchair or you just need a motorized wheelchair? It’s also very important to ask yourself whether you can comfortably operate a motorized wheelchair. Since a wheelchair is one of the most expensive investments you need to look or one that you are sure you can use for a very long time.
• Choose the right size. There is nothing as bad as purchasing a wheelchair only to realize that it cannot serve you well. Because of this, you should not take the process of sizing a wheelchair for granted if you do this you might end up with a wheelchair that you don’t need at all. You, therefore, need to check the specifications of the wheelchair and then consider things such as the depth and the width of the seat. After long you are long for something that can give you as much comfort as possible.
• Try out the wheelchair. Before you walk away with your wheelchair it’s also important to try it out and ensure that it’s the right wheelchair for your needs. The best way to achieve this is to rent a similar wheelchair that you want to buy and try it out to see if it’s what you are looking for. If you feel that it’s not the best one you can always choose another one.
• Consider the warranty. Since a wheelchair is a very expensive investment you also need to consider whether the company is giving you a warranty or not. The best thing about a warranty is that in case of anything you can always return the wheelchair for replacement. This will ensure that you buy a wheelchair without fearing anything. Considering this is very important if you are looking for the best wheelchairs for sale.
Those are some of the things that you need to know about the wheelchair. If you are shopping for one it’s important to keep what you find so you can review it later.